Oregon Coalition for HealthCare Ergonomics (OCHE)
The purpose of this website is to provide a wide range of current information about health care ergonomics to health care safety and ergonomics professionals, providers, organizations, employees, and consumers.
- OSHA Healthcare Symposium August 31, 2021 – handout materials for Presentation: ‘Creating Sustainable Safe Patient Handling and Violence Prevention Programs in Health Care: A Systems Approach’ by Lynda Enos.
- ENOS OSHA aug 31 2021handout
- WPV Toolkit Index with links
- WPV Program Development Flow Chart\
- SPHM Resources & Refs Aug 2021
- SPHM Program Development Flow Chart
- OCHE Webinar Nov 13, 2018 10:30-11:30a: Violence Prevention in Health Care: Sharing Lessons Learned from the OAHHS Worker Safety Initiative. Click here to view the webinar OCHE webinar Nov 2018 WPV handout
- Click here to download the 4th revision of the SPHM Equipment Purchasing Checklist 4th rev2018 and a SPH Program Gap Analysis tool 2018.
- Workplace violence prevention toolkit (2nd Ed. 2020) for hospitals is now available at https://www.oahhs.org/safety . This toolkit was developed through a collaborative effort by some of the OCHE member organizations
- OCHE webinar April 10, 2018 Ergonomics for Environmental Services: An Injury Prevention Approach. Click here to view the webinar Click here to access the webinar presentation handout Thank you to SAIF corporation for hosting the OCHE webinar series.
- The first OCHE webinar Solutions to Challenges Associated with Handling and Mobilizing Bariatric Patients was conducted on December 7, 2017. Click here to access the recorded webinar. Click here to access the webinar handout materials including Bariatric care protocols provided by PeaceHealth Oregon West Network. Questions? Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read about the OCHE – “Focus on State Advocacy: Oregon’s Success Story” American Journal of Safe Patient Handling and Movement, 5, (1): 27-33.
- Did you know that you can access free Safe Patient Handling and Mobility (SPHM) training videos and an web-based learning course that can be used to help educate employees about the importance of SPHM and how they can reduce their risk of injury when lifting and moving patients or residents?
- Video 1: Applied Ergonomics for Nurses and Health Care Workers and Patient Orientation and Instructor Guide developed with a training grant from Oregon OSHA
- Video 2: Time for Safe Patient Handling and Mobility developed by the Washington State Hospital Association as part of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services on Leading Edge Advanced Practice Topics (LEAPT) program
- Ergonomics and SPHM – No cost, self-paced, on demand learning Ergonomics in Healthcare: Continuing Education for Nurses, Nursing Assistants, and Healthcare Managers. From the Center for Promotion of Health in the New England Workplace (CPH-NEW), and UMass Lowell
Safe Patient/Resident Handling
Ergonomics for Clinical Support
& Diagnostic Services
Ergonomics for Environmental Services
& Facility Design
Information & Resources
- SPH & Ergonomics Programs – How to Guide & Tools
- Making the Business Case
- Educators and Health Care Students
- Injury Case Management of Occupational MSDs
- Tool Box New Jan 2013
Formed in 2003 the OCHE is a working partnership between health care industry groups and professional associations, academia, labor, workers’ compensation insurance, and Oregon OSHA.
Our mission is to improve healthcare employee and consumer safety by promoting ergonomics best practices across the continuum of care.The OCHE continuously seeks to build collaborative partnerships to develop evidence based activities that reduce the incidence of work related MSDs, improve patient safety and benefit the business of health care in Oregon.
OCHE members include ergonomists, nurses, therapists, safety and other health care professionals. Click here for more information about the OCHE
Funding for hosting of this site has been provided through the CROET Nursing Worksite Award. This website is maintained by volunteer members of OCHE. We need your help to make sure it is current and contains all necessary information. Contact us if you know of any resources that should be added to the site or if you have tools and success stories that you would like to share.
Equipment brand names, manufacturers or vendors seen on this website do not constitute endorsement of the device, equipment, product or service by the OCHE or any of its member organizations. The OCHE or any of its member organizations, makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, content, nature, or reliability of the information contained in this website, including but not limited to its currency, accuracy, or completeness. You expressly agree that use of this site, including all content or date distributed by, downloaded, or accessed from or through this site, is at your own risk.
Send mail to with questions or comments about this web site.